Date: 1/2/18 10:09 pm
From: David Irons <llsdirons...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Lincoln County Rare eBird Alert: Possible Ruff near Alsea Bay [Photos included]
Looks like a Ruff.

Dave Irons

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 2, 2018, at 8:33 PM, Alan Contreras <acontrer56...><mailto:<acontrer56...>> wrote:

Looks like a ruff to me. Nice way to start the year !

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...><mailto:<acontrer56...>

Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com<http://www.alanlcontreras.com>

--------- Forwarded message ---------- [some format editing]
From: <ebird-alert...><mailto:<ebird-alert...>>
Date: Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 7:50 PM
Subject: [eBird Alert] Lincoln County Rare Bird Alert <hourly>

The report below shows observations of rare birds in Lincoln County.
View or [subscribe] to this alert at
http://ebird.org/ebird/alert/summary?sid=SN39373

Ruff (Calidris pugnax) (1)
- Reported Jan 02, 2018 13:15 by evan hayduk
- Alsea Bay, Bayview Oxbow west end, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.45007,-124.048562&ll=44.45007,-124.048562
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41571420
- Media: 5 Photos
- Comments: "***Possible Ruff***

Stopped on a whim along N. Bayview Rd when I saw a bird silhouetted
against the sun on a piece of driftwood on the bay side of the road.
This bird was with a group of yellowlegs and killdeer, clearly larger
than the killdeer and smaller than the yellowlegs. Defined feather
pattern on back stood out. Could not get a good look at leg color, in
person or in the photos.

Birds were seemingly waiting out the high (King) tide. I returned 30
minutes after finding it originally with a camera and only got a few
shots before it flushed with the group. When I returned another 30
minutes later the yellowlegs were actively foraging but the (possible)
ruff was not present."

POST: Send your post to <obol...><mailto:<obol...>
OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol<http://www.freelists.org/archive/obol>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...><mailto:<obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!