Date: 1/2/18 9:33 pm
From: 'Ann H.' <annhep...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Vermilion Flycatcher and more--great day today
Thanks to Ryan for finding the bird and for all who provided updates -- My birding friend Donna and I got down to Morgan Hill today and were treated to great views of the very cooperative Vermilion Flycatcher (along with some gorgeous Western Bluebirds)
Then we got a little time in at Coyote Valley OSP parking lot and enjoyed the birds we saw from there, including American Kestrels, Loggerhead Shrike, Yellow-billed Magpies, and Rock Wren.  As we left, we had a young Golden Eagle flyover.  What a great spot.
To top off this great birding day today, my backyard was a flurry of activity about 1:00 pm with robins taking the invisible freeway offramp that led to my birdbath (a steady stream of bathers for over 30 min!), 3 flickers working on the lawn, and a Western Tanager on the back fence, a new yard bird for me.
Good birding!Ann

Join us on Facebook!