Date: 1/2/18 4:50 pm
From: Treesa Hertzel <Autumn207...>
Subject: [obol] Re: CBC etiquette
On that note … thank you, Wayne, Dave, and Joel, for continuing this thread on the BOO list.

Treesa Hertzel
OBOL Moderator

On Jan 2, 2018, at 3:30 PM, Harry Fuller <atowhee...> wrote:

I endorse Mr; Irons' comments and can only add that the Trumpsters revel in this sort of nasty tribalism because it allows them to steal everybody blind while shaming and blaming anybody who's not a groping,
golf-playing, wealthy white male or their enablers. I am afraid we humans as a species are little better than our chimp cousins who attack any chimp they consider an outsider with self-righteous abandon.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 2:36 PM, David Irons <llsdirons...> <mailto:<llsdirons...>> wrote:
To whom it may concern,

If you are the un-named person who did this and you are an OBOL subscriber (or learn about this post some other way), I ask that you refrain from any effort to interact with me in the field, in this forum, or via private email. While we may share a common interest in birds, that is not nearly enough for me to look past this behavior, or the misguided values that spawn it and continue dealing with you in a congenial manner. This may seem harsh, but I draw a hard line when it comes to bigotry and I suspect many others in this forum feel likewise.

Hendrik and Oscar are treasured friends. I stand resolutely with them and any other LGBT members of the Oregon birding who may be the targets of this sort of hateful behavior.

Dave Irons

Sent from my iPhone

--
Harry Fuller