Date: 1/2/18 4:42 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [COBOL] Birding and errands, 2 count week birds for Bend CBC
American Pipit at Deschutes River in the Old Mill area, on the icy flat
near the boardwalk into the river. I suppose that has a real name. Just
downstream from the footbridge. It bobbed around on the edge of the
water for quite a while and then flew upstream just beyond the
footbridge. When i was at the footbridge, I heard it call so it must
have flown again but I didn't see it. 2 pm.

Peregrine Falcon seen on top of a ponderosa Pine watching and then
flying in pursuit of a Rock Pigeon, of which there are many in the area.
11:30 a.m. at corner of Boyd Acres and Butler Market Road. Ideally seen
without car traffic from Longfellow, the street opposite Boyd Acres.

Had to return the key to Hatfield to the office today so went birding
there, with Candace Cobb. Nothing new noted from the Saturday list. The
back pond now has almost entirely frozen again but a few ducks were
keeping the little patch open. Front pond has a lot of open water and
lots of waterfowl.

Went next to Pine Nursery for sparrows. Candace saw the Harris's but I
did not see it. I have gone 3 times and have not seen the Harris's. I
did put down more birdseed as many of the Golden-crowns and White-crowns
were coming to the seed in the trail. Thanks to Don S who started seed
for the sparrows. The seed is on the dirt trail just behind the
concrete mile marker post along the loop trail, not far from the parking
area off Yeoman. Alan Mauer showed us the spot a few days ago.

The Common Redpoll at Patty's house made me happy at 1030 a.m.. It has
been pretty dependable and loyal to her feeder area. Yay for Patty
keeping her feeders filled for hungry birds.

Go birding, Judy, <jmeredit...>