Date: 1/2/18 4:37 pm
From: Lois Goldfrank <loisg...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Leucistic grebe
There is what seems to be a leucistic grebe among the raft at the San Lorenzo river mouth. It appears completely white except for its orangish eyes and bright yellow orange bill suggesting it may be a Clark’s. The size and shape are the same as every other grebe’s. I first saw it earlier from the SC wharf, then checked from the East Cliff overlook to make sure It really was a grebe. Another leucistic first for me for sure.

Lois Goldfrank
Sent from my iPhone