Date: 1/2/18 4:21 pm
From: Mike Patterson <celata...>
Subject: [obol] Northern Waterthrush near Brownsmead Grange
I went out to Brownsmead this afternoon hoping a stray large falcon
might be lurking in the flooded pastures during high tide. I found
an adult PEREGRINE feasting on BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER, but no others.

I stopped to work a sparrow herd in the kack near the Brownsmead
Grange. When a SWAMP SPARROW popped out, I got out of the car and
tried for a photo. While pishing, a noisy NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH appeared
and posed for photos. I failed to get the Swamp Sparrow to cooperate.

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/9349070

I have seen no more than (maybe) ten waterthrushes in the county. I
remember one spring record, but most have been in the fall or winter.
We caught one at the banding station years ago.

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR

Join us on Facebook!