Date: 1/2/18 4:05 pm
From: <jstock...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] New Year's Day, Lindo Lake and Santee Lakes
Sorry for a late post on a few minor sightings. I started New Year's Day at Lindo Lake and then went on to Santee Lakes. I had two Townsend's Warblers at Lindo Lake, as well as the continuing Brown Creeper and Greater White-Fronted Goose.

The best bird at Santee Lakes was a female Bullock's Oriole in a sprawling oak tree that overhangs the east side of Lake 5. I did not see the Snow Goose, Greater White-Fronted Geese, or Common Goldeneye.

On December 30, I had a Lewis's Woodpecker along Highway 79 in Cuyamaca Rancho State Park. The location is essentially the same spot where I saw one on October 27; just north of the intersection with the road going to the Visitor Center/School Camp and I believe it is near milepost 6.5. Both times I noticed the bird while driving; but was able to turn around and find a wide enough shoulder to get a better view.

Jeremiah Stock
Santee, CA
<jscls...>

Join us on Facebook!