Date: 1/2/18 4:03 pm
Subject: Possible Snowy Owl @ Summerville SC
I was at the Azalea Square shopping center at dusk today, at 5:55 an owl flew into a 20 foot leafless tree in front of me at Target. The owl was not brown like a Barred Owl, and not pure white like an adult snowy but I was able to make out the face and saw white in the wings with heavy barring. As i approached the owl it took flight and I followed it across the parking lot to a perch in another tree near a dumpster, i continued to try and relocate it as it would take flight as I approached and got closer, i was on foot and did not have Binos or camera with me but after flushing Owl from tree to tree at least 3 times i felt i might be stressing the Owl. Especially since i last located it above a dumpster. I do not know for sure if it was a Snowy but wanted to get the word out.
Pam Ford
Charleston

Bird On!
Sent from my iPad