Date: 1/2/18 3:31 pm
From: Harry Fuller <atowhee...>
Subject: [obol] Re: CBC etiquette
I endorse Mr; Irons' comments and can only add that the Trumpsters revel in
this sort of nasty tribalism because it allows them to steal everybody
blind while shaming and blaming anybody who's not a groping,
golf-playing, wealthy white male or their enablers. I am afraid we humans
as a species are little better than our chimp cousins who attack any chimp
they consider an outsider with self-righteous abandon.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 2:36 PM, David Irons <llsdirons...> wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> If you are the un-named person who did this and you are an OBOL subscriber
> (or learn about this post some other way), I ask that you refrain from any
> effort to interact with me in the field, in this forum, or via private
> email. While we may share a common interest in birds, that is not nearly
> enough for me to look past this behavior, or the misguided values that
> spawn it and continue dealing with you in a congenial manner. This may seem
> harsh, but I draw a hard line when it comes to bigotry and I suspect many
> others in this forum feel likewise.
>
> Hendrik and Oscar are treasured friends. I stand resolutely with them and
> any other LGBT members of the Oregon birding who may be the targets of this
> sort of hateful behavior.
>
> Dave Irons
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 2, 2018, at 11:16 AM, Range Bayer <range.bayer...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I agree with Roy and everyone else. This makes me sick whether it
> happened in my home county of Lincoln County or elsewhere.
>
> There does not appear to be any refuge left from such bigotry. Not
> even in doing a CBC...
>
> Range Bayer, Newport, Oregon.
>

> On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 10:36 AM, Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii...> wrote:
>

> Oscar & Hendrik
>

> I’m so sorry this happened to you in my home county. Absolutely appalling
> behavior by this individual.
>

> 2017 clearly demonstrated that bigotry and ignorance is widespread in our
> country and unfortunately that includes Lincoln County, Oregon. Here’s
> hoping for a more loving 2018.
>

> Roy
>

> On Jan 2, 2018, at 12:20 AM, Oscar Harper <oeharper3...> wrote:
>

> Keep your bigotry and politics at home.
>

> After a great count and a wonderful Newport countdown we were shocked to
> be handed an Anti-gay (we are sinners but god still loves us blah blah)
> pamphlet by an "esteemed" Oregon birder as we were getting in the car to
> leave. Wow! What a downer way to end a great day, After 25 years together
> we still have to deal with idiots like him.
>

> Hope everyone had a fun "first day of the year" birding time today.
>

> Oscar
>

> POST: Send your post to <obol...>

> POST: Send your post to <obol...>

Harry Fuller
author of *Great Gray Owls of CA-OR-WA*, see:
https://ecowise.wordpress.com/2015/05/08/the-great-gray-owl-book/
author of *Freeway Birding*, see: *freewaybirding.com
<http://freewaybirding.com>*
birding website: http://www.towhee.net
my birding blog: atowhee.wordpress.com

Join us on Facebook!