Date: 1/2/18 3:12 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] Re CBC etiquette
I saw Oscar's post of the atrocious and un-Christian behavior he and
Hendrik experienced at the hand of an esteemed Oregon birder after the
Newport CBC. If that is the case, and I have my view on it and who the
birder is, he should be outed his own self for being an ugly old bigot. I
felt badly all day and saw other messages on obol just now from people I
like and respect, and from that it seems the rest of us are a pretty
sensible group

This morning I went to Philomath to start 2018 in another county and found
at least one female type TRICOLORED BLACKBIRD where several have been
reported. The GOLDENEYE was on the scrape along Bruce Rd and thanks to Pam
Otley for telling me where that scrape is. Left to my own devices, I would
not be so sure which Goldeneye it is or somewhere in between, but not
having strong opinions about such things in ducks or gulls I will go along
with consensus if it is Barrow's.

So sorry, Oscar and Hendrik that you still have to put up with crap like
this in 2017 or 18, especially in Oregon where one would hope we are a
little more enlightened than many other places. Birding is a wonderful
activity that can be shared with others, it is basic that we leave bigotry
in any form out of it, even so it pains me that we still have this kind of
person among us

Roy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!