Date: 1/2/18 3:05 pm
From: Jay V Huner <jvh0660...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Dye Marked Cattle Egrets?
OKay,

Facebook is showing images of brightly dyed Cattle Egrets with people speculating that they are unusual mutations. I cannot find any reports on Google Scholar about marking Cattle Egrets in this manner.

I do know that other water birds have been marked with such dyes in the past and LABIRD participants have been asked to report such birds - seems to me gulls but my memory fades in old age!

So, does anyone know about this project or, perhaps, it's a practical joke with someone using paint guns in a rookery?

Jay Huner

Join us on Facebook!