Date: 1/2/18 2:36 pm
From: Tony Moline <tonymoline...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] Let's use words gooder this year (no siting)
I know I have unintentionally misspelled bird names when posting in the field. Sometimes you just want to get the information out there and you are trying to text on a tiny little phone.
I also know an ornithologist who uses "shorbs"
I find this perfectly acceptable and knew exactly what was being communicated when I heard it the first time. I'd hardly call him sophomoric.
Personally I don't find Shaun's response any more inappropriate than the original posting.
Bill says Listserve
Brandon says Listserv
We all know what they are talking about.
There's enough crabbiness on Facebook.
Keep this site positive please
Tony Moline
Dubuque