Date: 1/2/18 12:47 pm
Subject: Ruby throated hummers in Bahamas
Hi everyone

I just returned from 3 weeks in the Bahamas on three different islands,
taking photos of the Bahama Woodstar and Cuban Emerald hummingbirds.
While staying on Grand Bahama at Erika Gates Birder’s B&B before Christmas,
I observed and photographed two ruby throated hummingbirds: one was an
adult male which was banded ( could not identify band numbers as there were
so many plants there for him to feast on... almost impossible to get the
info) and the other was a hatch year male.
These are not often seen in the Bahamas and were a real treat to the Grand
Bahama birders to see!

Ann
--
Ann Maddock <am.hummingbird.photos...> Hatteras Island, NC

Join us on Facebook!