Date: 1/2/18 11:40 am
From: Becky Reyes <breyes...>
Subject: [texbirds] Edinburg World Birding Center
Hi Everyone!
We had our first of the year bird walk this morning. Although being at 34
degrees there were still many of the water fowl at our North and South
Ponds. Of course, migrating ducks can be found at South Pond. Also at South
Pond, there was a flashy male Vermillion Flycatcher, who's bright red
warmed our hearts for a little while. The Green kingfisher was spotted down
a bank at the canal where she was hiding from the wind and around the
grounds there are many ruby-crowned kinglets. Below is this morning's list.
Happy Birding!

Edinburg Scenic Wetlands and World Birding Center, Hidalgo, Texas, US
Jan 2, 2018 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
37 species (+1 other taxa)

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck 2
Northern Shoveler 17
Mottled Duck 4
Green-winged Teal 9
Lesser Scaup 1
Ruddy Duck 3
Plain Chachalaca 8
Neotropic Cormorant 7
Double-crested Cormorant 60
American White Pelican 9
Great Blue Heron 3
Great Egret 2
Snowy Egret 3
Cattle Egret 3
Black-crowned Night-Heron 2
American Coot 12
Inca Dove 6
White-tipped Dove 2
Buff-bellied Hummingbird 5
Belted Kingfisher 1
Green Kingfisher 1
Vermilion Flycatcher 1
Tropical Kingbird 1
White-eyed Vireo 1
Green Jay 7
Cliff/Cave Swallow 1
Black-crested Titmouse 1
House Wren 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 5
Clay-colored Thrush 1
Curve-billed Thrasher 1
Long-billed Thrasher 4
Northern Mockingbird 5
Orange-crowned Warbler 4
Northern Cardinal 2
Red-winged Blackbird 75
Great-tailed Grackle 10

*Becky Reyes*

Naturalist Educator

Edinburg Scenic Wetlands & World Birding Center

[image: Image result for city of edinburg]

PO Box 1079

714 Raul Longoria Rd

Edinburg, Texas 78540

956.381.9922 <(956)%20381-9922> O 956.381-0175 <(956)%20381-0175> F

*<breyes...> <alyles...>*

www.cityofedinburg.com

www.EdinburgWBC.org <http://www.edinburgwbc.org/>

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds