Date: 1/2/18 11:35 am
From: Bob Ramer <rjramer...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Mystery Kingbird
One of the more interesting birds reported on the Moss Landing CBC was a
kingbird that wasn't identified to species. During the 42 years that we've
done this count, we have reported Tropical Kingbirds 13 times, and this is
the only kingbird that we would expect in Santa Cruz County during the
winter (although Cassin's Kingbirds may be seen in San Benito County during
the winter months). So if anyone would like to follow up and see if they can
locate this bird, here are some directions.

Go north on Green Valley Road beyond the intersection with Paulsen Road.
Within a quarter of a mile, several side roads take off to the right. The
kingbird was seen in the neighborhood between Doering Lane and Littleway
Lane. (These are the first roads after Trembly Lane.) If you are lucky
enough to find the bird and identify it, I would greatly appreciate hearing
about it.

Thanks and happy birding,

Bob