Date: 1/2/18 11:06 am
From: Dan Murphy <murphsf...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Cackling Goose at LM
This morning 3 geese flew over the concrete bridge at the south end of Lake Merced.  Two were Canada Geese and the other was a Cackling Goose.  They were headed NW over the middle of the lake.  I heard a Sora.  There is a large concentration of gulls on the lake.  The species I saw with binoculars were Western, CA, Mew, Herring and Glaucous-winged..  Considering the number of birds, this would be a great opportunity to study a lot of birds  on the water and perhaps come up with something surprising.  The flock scatters as the day goes on, so try it in the morning.

Good birding,Dan Murphy

Join us on Facebook!