Date: 1/2/18 9:07 am
From: Ray Troyer <raytroyer...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Sandhill Cranes
On Sat. Dec 30, I came out of Sam's club in Dunlap and heard Sandhill Cranes. Mostly clear, 6 deg and 20 mph NW wind. 3 V's, 127 going due south at a high speed only needing to flap their wings occasionally. I was wondering where these cranes were coming from, this far north with all the snow and cold we've been having. I bet they didn't anticipate how far they had to go to get a break in the weather.

At my feeder, besides all the commons, since the 29th there have been around a dozen Pine Siskin and 3 Fox sparrows. The first time I ever had more than one FOSP at a time here.

Ray Troyer
Goshen, Elkhart County

Join us on Facebook!