Date: 1/2/18 6:21 am
From: Jay Miller <arizonajay23...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Miller House of Mesa - Ruddy Ground-Dove continues, 1-2 -18.
Had the Ruddy Ground -Dove yesterday, 1-1, and three visitors were not disappointed! Seen every day.

Heard my first White-winged Dove of the year at 8:14! I can see two that have territories in bare trees. They chase Eurasian Collared Doves and pump their tails like it's mid Summer. Had a juv. with parent in the yard in March last year.

33 species, 5 not heard: Red-Tailed Hawk, Peregrine Falcon, American Kestrel, Rock Pigeon, and Spotted Towhee. Only heard wings of Mourning Dove.

Very few Sharp-shinned Hawks, just enough to make things interesting.

Good Birding!!

Jay Miller
Mesa, Az