Date: 1/1/18 8:43 pm
From: Arlen Breiholz <abreiholz...>
Subject: [ia-bird] The North Liberty Snowy Owl Continues
I made my third trek looking for Johnson and Linn County owls this
afternoon. On my fourth pass through the intersection of James Ave. and
240th St. NW, there he sat, right on the corner power pole. Of course, I
was then driving west into the sun, but he stayed put while I pulled
through the intersection. Then, I realized I couldn't twist enough to
photograph him through the driver's window, so I rolled down the back
window and reclined my seat. I was just pleased I found him before I had to
return the tele-extender I rented over the holidays.

Arlen Breiholz
Cedar Rapids

[image: Inline image 1]