Date: 1/1/18 7:03 pm
From: Matt Kalwasinski <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] 1/1/18 - Lake County locations
Today, January 1, I checked out some Lake County locationsat two different times. In the morning, while taking care of other things, I hadtime for quick checks at Whiting Park and through the Roxanna neighborhood. Ionly found the usual suspects at each location. Later in the afternoon, Iheaded to Jeorse Park where I found decent numbers of waterfowl including afemale Long-tailed Duck. After, I checked the Beemsterboer Tract from ClineAvenue, and I found 4 Trumpeter Swans along with an adult Bald Eagle. Below aremy lists.

Matt Kalwasinski

Whiting Park, Lake, Indiana, US

Jan 1, 2018 10:05 AM -10:30 AM

Canada Goose  38

Greater Scaup  2

Bufflehead  2

Common Goldeneye  7

Common Merganser  1

Red-breastedMerganser  6

Ring-billed Gull 18

Herring Gull  1

American Crow  4

Roxanna Neighborhood, East Chicago, Lake,Indiana, US

Jan 1, 2018 10:45 AM -11:10 AM

Canada Goose  165

Mute Swan  8

Gadwall  5

Mallard  45

Redhead  16

Common Goldeneye  4

Hooded Merganser  8

Common Merganser  2

Pied-billed Grebe 1

Great Blue Heron  1

Ring-billed Gull  3

Herring Gull  9

Rock Pigeon (FeralPigeon)  14

Downy Woodpecker  1

Jeorse Park, Lake, Indiana, US

Jan 1, 2018 2:50 PM -3:27 PM

Mallard  1

Redhead  67

Greater Scaup  83

Lesser Scaup  13

Long-tailed Duck  1

Common Goldeneye 15

Common Merganser 26

Red-breastedMerganser  12

American Coot  3

Ring-billed Gull  3

Herring Gull  5

Great Black-backedGull  1

Beemsterboer Tract (TNC), Lake, Indiana, US

Jan 1, 2018 3:37 PM -4:04 PM

Canada Goose  39

Trumpeter Swan  4

Mallard  68