Date: 1/1/18 6:16 pm
From: Neil Bjorklund <nbjorklund...>
Subject: [obol] West Eugene Say's Phoebe
On the very enjoyable (though somewhat chilly) Eugene CBC yesterday, an intrepid trio spotted my first Lane County Say’s Phoebe. A couple people invited me to post info and photos, so… I saw the bird with my two counting buddies Sarah and Teal, on the Tsanchiifin Loop walk. This is a prairie wetland restoration site just north of West 11th, on the west side of Danebo Road. You enter the site just via the Amazon Bike Path, on the north side of Amazon Creek. There is a graveled trail with boardwalks there through the prairie. We found the bird north of the northernmost extent of the loop trail. It was cooperatively flycatching from perches about 4 feet off the ground, and occasionally calling. This was about 11 am on Sunday 1/31.

A couple distant hand-held photos are here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/76074708@N08/mDFJR9

I’m hoping those redpolls hang around!

Have fun out in the cold and gray!

Neil Bjorklund