Date: 1/1/18 6:17 pm
From: Richard Trinkner <richardinboulder...>
Subject: [cobirds] Barrow's Goldeneyes at 88th and the Platte
This afternoon I counted 6 Barrow's Goldeneyes on the Platte River at 88th
Ave in Thornton. They were spread out along the river for about a mile
south of the 88th Ave bridge. I walked along the dirt path between the
river and the reservoir to its east, crossed the railroad bridge, and then
returned to the parking lot via the paved bike path on the west side of the
river. Other good birds include a single California Gull standing on the
frozen reservoir with some Ring-billeds, a raft of Ruddy Ducks on the
reservoir, and all three merganser species.

Richard Trinkner
Boulder