Date: 1/1/18 6:17 pm
From: Richard Trinkner <richardinboulder...>
Subject: [cobirds] Valmont swans
At 10:30 this New Year's morning, the three Trumpeter Swans and one Tundra
Swan were present in the most eastern reservoir. They were easily seen from
the near the Annex building, as well as from the knoll at the center of the
reservoir complex. They probably would not be visible from Legion Park.

Also present was one Snow Goose, sitting on the ice with Canada Geese on
the southern shore of the southern reservoir.

I could only find three individual gulls: two Ring-billed Gulls and one
Herring Gull. I could not find the Glaucous Gull.

The waters are finally freezing up, with only a few patches still open.

Richard Trinkner
Boulder