Date: 1/1/18 5:28 pm
From: Eric Storms <ericbs1975...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] New Year’s at water dog
In my ongoing journey to frequent water dog to work on my proficiency, thought what better way to start the new year than a trip through the park. As many of you who went out today are aware, parks are filled with new years resoltutionists and people with new bikes. Suffice it to say, the birds were light due to the activity. OAK TITMOUSE, RUBY CROWNED KINGLETS, BUSHTITS, and HUTTONS VIROES were out in decent numbers. As we began our trek down the main fire road in a somewhat sullen state, a GREAT HORNED OWL called out. Crows and jays immediately descended on it and revealed its location, which was very visible from the trail. A few trees down we found its mate. Going to take this a a good omen for 2018!

Checklist can be found here (w/pics of owls):

Eric Storms
San Carlos

Join us on Facebook!