Date: 1/1/18 4:56 pm
From: Kurt Radamaker <kurtrad...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Big Ear
   I spent a couple of hours at the Glendale Recharge ponds, working on my AZ big ear. I think this is going to be tougher than I thought!
Although, I'm already learning some new stuff, like what a Northern Shoveler sounds like.
I saw 36 species and heard 19 of them. I saw a few birds I have rarely if ever heard, and may never hear! e.g. Eared Grebe, Bufflehead, N. Pintail, and I have only heard White Pelican give an annoyed grunt when flushed in the past.A few species noted that I did not hear, are normally fairly vocal like Black-necked Stilt!! and Kestrel.
The results of my efforts today are posted to my webpage, as time goes on I hope to have many other contributors listed, especially since I have already received several emails of interest.
http://mexicobirding.com/bigear/bigear.htm
I also hope to make the webpage more interesting, right now it is very basic.

A few people have asked about the geographic boundaries of the big ear, this year it will be only Arizona. If interest warrants it, I doubt it, I may expand to the ABA next year
Cheers Kurt