Date: 1/1/18 4:31 pm
From: <david_assmann...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] A 2 Snow Goose Day
Dan Harris and I spent much of the day in a loop around the City. We spent the majority of the morning at Heron's Head, which was foggy, but had good birds because of the King Tides. A SNOW GOOSE flew right over our heads. There were 2 SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHERS, a COMMON GOLDENEYE, and 4+ WILSON'S SNIPE in addition to all the expected species. At the concrete bridge at Lake Merced we had a LESSER SCAUP. We looked without success for the Eastern Phoebe at the boathouse, but did find a BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLER. The SNOW GOOSE (2nd for the day) was at Spreckels Lake, along with four GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE. The CINNAMON TEAL continues at Sutro Baths.

Join us on Facebook!