Date: 1/1/18 3:13 pm
From: Marv Breece <marvbreece...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Mandarin Duck
In 2005, friends of mine told me that several male and female Mandarin Ducks were coming to their bird feeders in Auburn and eating seed on the ground. They were not birders, and I was skeptical. Until their photos confirmed it.

I visited their home on a few occasions but did not see the birds. I worked in Auburn at the time, so I started taking my lunch at various pull-offs along Green River Road S. On June 21, 2005, I saw a female Mandarin Duck with 6 ducklings on the Green River. The next day, at the same location, I saw a female with 1 duckling. On July 6 and July 8, I saw a female with 1 duckling. Here are photos of the female:

http://www.pbase.com/marvbreece/image/166789514
http://www.pbase.com/marvbreece/image/166789515

Perhaps there is still a Mandarin Duck on the Green River.

Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA
<marvbreece...>

Concepts shape our world.