Date: 1/1/18 2:27 pm
From: Phil <phil_reyburn_24...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Trumpeter Swans - Adams Co.
    Temperature dropped to -13 today. Yesterday's low was -7. Little
after noon Pat and I ventured out. The car thermometer read 1 degree.
L&D 21 had the normal Canadian Geese, Ringed-billed Gulls, and Bald
Eagles. The oddities here were a lone Killdeer, an American White
Pelican, and a single Robin. Three species that should be somewhere else.

    Leaving the L&D we headed north of Quincy to where Jason Mullins
and I came across a number of Trumpeter Swans on the 26th. Today's count
was 171. It was way to cold to look through the birds for Tundras. We
also picked up a Norther Harrier.

    We next stopped by the Canton Chute area, and right off found a
Rough-legged Hawk. We next came across a small flock of six Eastern
Meadowlarks, and picked up Horned Larks and Lapland Longspurs. Out in
nearby field were 20 more Trumpeter Swan, bringing the day's total to 191.

    Touched base with Adam, who as usual was leaving the hospital.
Behind the Southside Boat Club he came across a large gull flock where
he found two Lesser Black-backed Gulls and one Iceland Gull. Above L&D
21 and In with a flock of Canadian Geese, he pulled out two Green-winged
Teal and a Gadwall.

    A bit cold but a fine way to begin 2018.

    Phil, Pat, and Adam Reyburn

    Quincy, Adams Co., Illinois

Posted by: Phil <phil_reyburn_24...>

<*> Your email settings: