Date: 1/1/18 2:16 pm
From: DAVID PATICK <patick...>
Subject: New Years Day Birding
Mike Griffith, Janet Keating, Gary Rankin and I ushered in the New Year with nearly a full day of birding today, visiting Cabell and Mason County. Gary and I finished up at Janet's house and we recorded 69 species. The highlights of the day were seeing a Snowy Owl( see link for some pics) off Rte. 35 in Southside, which is in Mason County and a light phase Rough legged Hawk along Rte. 817 in Mason County. We also saw numerous Harriers, Bald Eagles and Greater White-fronted Geese. Some of the birds seen were :

Greenbottom;

Fox Sparrow-1

Winter Wren-1

Northern Harrier-1