Date: 1/1/18 1:58 pm
From: Paul Lehman <lehman.paul...> [CALBIRDS] <CALBIRDS-noreply...>
Subject: [CALBIRDS] re: northbound Barn and other swallows
Actually, there have also  been small numbers of northbound TREE
Swallows as well in warm weather during December and the beginning of
January the past couple or so years--bee-lining it up the immediate
coast on a number of occasions, in at least San Diego and Santa Barbara
counties (mostly in the former). Just small groups of birds (2-6)
shooting "north" in direct flight up the coast, and not apparently
lingering. I've seen Trees doing it as much as Barns at this time of
year here in San Diego County, but in most counties farther north it
appears to be predominantly Barns, as Alvaro discusses.

--Paul Lehman

Listowners: mailto:<CALBIRDS-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<CALBIRDS-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<CALBIRDS-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)