Date: 1/1/18 1:51 pm
From: Jared Del Rosso <jared.delrosso...>
Subject: [cobirds] Hermit Thrush, White-throated Sparrow, Pygmy Nuthatches - Arapahoe
This morning, I birded the High Line Canal in Cherry Hills Village
(Arapahoe Co.) as part of the urban Denver CBC. Along the High Line, where
the canal trail meets Dahlia Hollows Park, continued a White-throated
Sparrow, a Hermit Thrush, and Pygmy Nuthatches. Two Mountain Chickadees,
Brown Creepers, and the other nuthatches were around as well. It's a good
little spot, as far as spots along the canal go.

Before those birds, I was owling around the village. I hoped to start my
year with a screech and avoid, until I found a screech, Great Horns (last
year's first bird). So I headed out to a spot in Cherry Hills Village where
I've had screeches but not Great Horns. On the drive over, though, a great
gray blob on a telephone pole couldn't be anything other than a Great
Horned.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO