Date: 1/1/18 11:51 am
From: John Fussell <jfuss...>
Subject: Re: Black Vultures and Table Scraps
See Birds of North America, by T.G. Pearson et al, 1917, for a photo of Black Vultures scavenging the streets of Charleston.

Further, under the species account, it states: "To the visitor for the first time in the South the appearance of that dusky scavenger the Black Vulture, calmly walking around in the streets as domesticated and unafraid as the English Sparrow of northern cities, strikes him as a bit odd."

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC