Date: 1/1/18 9:58 am
From: Thomas Meinzen <thomasmeinzen...>
Subject: [obol] Lane Co. REDPOLLS (with photos)
Had a great start to the new year with a pair of COMMON REDPOLLS feeding on
alder cones along the Willamette River in Eugene this morning, originally
found by Diane Horgan and her team yesterday on the Eugene CBC.

Pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/s26KWmaCv9um3toi1

The redpolls were feeding on the cones of a large alder covered in ivy,
just south of the River Edge Public Plaza (with fountain and EWEB
building). Exact location here: https://goo.gl/maps/PQHzw19hRbs

They were virtually silent the whole time, and fed close together in the
alder, but were very cooperative. There are quite a number of alders along
this 150 m stretch of the bike path, so I would bet they'll be findable
there for at least a day or two. That is, if the MERLIN I biked past
hunting just to the north doesn't get them first!

Happy 2018!
Thomas

Join us on Facebook!