Date: 1/1/18 9:26 am
From: Dick & Jeanette Esker <eskerrb...>
Subject: Parkersburg Christmas Bird Count
Here are the results for the 2017 Parkersburg Christmas Bird Count held December 16. The highlight of the day was getting the Snowy Owl on count day. Other additions to our list were Palm Warbler and Black Vultures. We had a record number of species – 79 plus one (Merlin) count week.

We had high counts for Pied-billed Grebes, Turkey Vultures and Ring-billed Gulls. Counts for many of the local residents were down – woodpeckers, Carolina Chickadee, Tufted Titmouse and Northern Cardinal.

Parkersburg Christmas Bird Count December 16, 2017
2017
Canada Goose 1759
Wood Duck 7
Gadwall 12