Date: 1/1/18 5:38 am
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: first bird
Since there was a mixed group of birds on the patio there was no "first"
of 2018.   I counted 17 species within the first 15 minutes.   However,
the early treat of the day was having a Yellow-rumped Warbler on the
bird bath.  Good start for the new year.

My two bird bath de-icers are certainly paying for themselves. The other
morning I saw a Flicker land on the edge of the pedestal bath.  Instead
of drinking he scooted around the edge and then dropped to investigate
the frozen ground bath below.  His actions told me that the deer must
have reached over the fence and emptied the water.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!