Date: 1/1/18 4:23 am
From: Herb and Sarah Myers <hesemyers...>
Subject: First Bird
Okay, I admit it. I am a wimp. I didn't go outside to see my first bird of
2018. I stood at our back window watching the feeders sway gently in the 5
degree cold as over 8 inches of snow blanket the ground. At 7:15 sharp, a
sharp looking male Dark-eyed Junco flew into the tree from which the
feeders hang. How appropriate that it would be a snow bird! I suspected
that it might be as it is usually them or the Northern Cardinals that are
the earliest birds. The juncos have been by far the dominate birds at our
feeders this weekend as I'm doing a Project FeederWatch count.

So, Happy 2018. Enjoy the birds. Herb Myers, Harman, Randolph County

Join us on Facebook!