Date: 1/1/18 2:58 am
From: Paul Conover <zoiseaux...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Frozen feeders
Labird,

       In a little over an hour, hummer hosts will probably find out
how many hummers they have as their chilly hummers descend on feeders.
Feeders will probably be the only food source for the next week, so
remember to keep them thawed. I mention this only because some of you
may be recent converts to winter hummer feeding and may not have ever
had to deal with hummingbird feeders vs. extreme Louisiana cold, or may
have just spaced out about your feeders as you worry about you plumbing.

      Some hosts have figured out ways to keep feeders liquid despite
the freeze; I haven't, so I'll be rotating my feeders out if they start
to freeze up.

Bonne chance et bonne annee!

Paul Conover

Lafayette