Date: 12/31/17 10:29 pm
From: Mikeal Jones <mikealjones...>
Subject: [obol] Thank you Re: [Umpqua Birds] Summary/Photos: Roseburg-Sutherlin CBC
As much fun as it is recording birds in our own parts of the Count Circle, your organization (Mark), tally (Jeannie) and narrative on Umpqua Birds (Matt) tie it all together to enjoy and compare with other years. Thanks to each of you for making the Christmas Bird Count for Roseburg-Sutherlin such a great time. Mikeal

Mikeal Jones
826 SE Brockway Ave
Roseburg OR 97470

(541) 673-1859
<mikealjones...>

Sent from our iPad 2

> On Dec 31, 2017, at 11:42 AM, Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter...> wrote:
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> Please find a summary of the Roseburg-Sutherlin CBC here:
> http://umpquabirds.blogspot.com/2017/12/roseburg-sutherlin-christmas-bird-count.html
>
> If you participated in the count, please review the data tables linked here (or at www.umpquabirds.org/cbc) and let me know if you see any errors. Thank-you!
>
> Good Birding,
>
> Matt Hunter
>
> P.S. One of the most interesting things to me is to look at the tables I have been producing several years now, which sort the bird numbers not only by taxonomy, but by total numbers of each species and by the number of team areas recording the species. For example, can you predict which species were found in all 14 team areas? It's also interesting to see which species were found in only one team area (e.g. easily missed). Look for these tables in the blog and cbc websites linked above. mgh

Join us on Facebook!