Date: 12/31/17 9:05 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Prineville CBC Results
The Prineville CBC was held today under partly cloudy skies and chilly
weather.  We lucked out because the fog set in right after dark.  It's
likely the next few days will be foggy.  We had 24 volunteers counting
two feeder watchers.  We tallied 98 species which ties the all-time
record.  We are still hoping to hear from one feeder watcher that often
has Turkeys so maybe we will break the record.  We added 3 species to
the all-time list (Horned Grebe, Red-necked Grebe, Swamp Sparrow).

High Counts included Snow Goose (5), Tundra Swan(29), Horned Grebe (2),
Red-necked Grebe (1),  Bald Eagle (40), Red-tailed Hawk (192),
Ferruginous Hawk (9), Prairie Falcon (12), Barn Owl (7), Black-backed
Woodpecker (1), Brown Creeper (16), Savannah Sparrow (6), Swamp Sparrow
(1), Purple Finch (14).

Thanks to all the volunteers who helped out.

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
541-280-4957