Date: 12/31/17 8:49 pm
From: <oriole05...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] East Side Upper Newport Bay CBC
We re-found Jim Pike's juvenile Snow Goose, still at the intersection of San Joaquin Hills Dr. and Back Bay Drive. I searched for, but could not find the duck that Jim also mentioned.

A Short-eared Owl was seen flying, around dawn, just a little upstream from the Salt Dike. It landed in some tall grass out in the middle of the bay and completely disappeared. I passed that spot three more times during the day and could not see it.

A Least Bittern was heard where the Newport Canyon drainage empties out into the bay.

Steve Alter
Tustin

Join us on Facebook!