Date: 12/31/17 6:38 pm
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] Happy New BIG Year 2018 (and Jan 1 request)
Hi CoBirders,

With the advent of 2018 comes DFO's Big Year! We will seek to find as many
species as possible in Colorado *on planned DFO field trips only*. That
really makes it challenging! We begin right off on January 1 with a trip
led by Joey Kellner to Pueblo Reservoir and Canon City area. Then on Jan
2nd I am leading a trip in the southwest Metro Area.

Field Trip List:
https://dfobirds.org/FieldTrips/UpcomingTrips.aspx

Article on Big Year in Lark Bunting:
https://dfobirds.org/LarkBunting/LB.pdf

A new batch of exciting *February *DFO field trips becomes available for
registrations tomorrow! Both January and February have far reaching trips
outside of the Denver Metro Area. Those living away from the Denver Metro
Area might want to keep an eye out for upcoming DFO trips close to your
home area.

ALSO: On Jan 1 I would appreciate any word posted to this list of any new
rare birds found on Jan 1, or continuing rarities such as the (maybe gone?)
Snowy Owl, etc. Our Jan 2 trip in the Metro Area will seek to find a stake
out or two in addition to other birds.

Here we go. Come out and join the Big Year. More eyes and ears, more fun.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO

Virus-free.