Date: 12/31/17 5:59 pm
From: Lloyd Davies <ldavies...>
Subject: McPherson Snowy Owl
Drove over this afternoon to find the snowy owl north of McPherson and found
it in the same place as reported, a little south of Overland Road on 13th
Avenue to the east of the big hay bales. It was a good 100-200 yards away
in the field. Really stood out. After about 15 minutes it flew up towards
us and landed on the hay bales practically next to where we were parked. We
were about 20 yards away and got great looks and I think it got great looks
at us too. Ten minutes later, it flew off to the west and landed on the
edge line between the grassy and plowed fields.

What a great way to end the year.

Lloyd Davies

Marion, Kansas

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html