Date: 12/31/17 5:17 pm
From: Don Roberson <Creagrus...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] MTY highlights updated
The Monterey County bird highlight page is now updated and concluded to the end of 2017, at
http://creagrus.home.montereybay.com/MTY_2017c.html

As always, the photographic contributions of others is much appreciated: Bill Hill, Paul Fenwick, Blake Matheson, and Brook Knowles for this update. In addition, as always, Rita Carratello has found many editorial errors and typos.

It has now been 20 years since I first did a MTY county update page. The project was initially conceived as a once-a-year annual update but eventually grew into seasonal reports with the rise of digital photography. Each update is a lot of work and perhaps 20 years is enough. I haven't quite decided whether to cut back or just conclude this project. I do use the pages as a historical record to fill in after the publication of "Monterey Birds, 2d" in 2002. However, new media is now available, and a larger chunk of local bird data is available on eBird. So we'll see how it goes but there some nice birds in this update!

Thanks, Don