Date: 12/31/17 4:47 pm
Subject: Advice needed on Hummer Heater for sub-freezing temps
Yikes - just got back from a vacation and my hummer is still around happily sipping the ample nectar I left out. However, this coming week is going to be slammed with temps below 25 overnight. I set up a ceramic heat element designed for basking reptiles, using a dome lamp covering and hanging it from a tree about a foot over the main hummer feeder. It was creating a great spot of a comfortable 70 plus on a nice perch near the feeder and would have kept nectar from freezing as well. However, it started to drizzle ever so slightly and I looked more carefully and the light fixture said to be specifically for indoor use. So as of right now, I have no option that is safe in precipitation. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I have a variety of reptile ceramic and visible light heating bulbs but I need a durable wet weather worthy cover and fixture for it.
Thanks,
David

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone