Date: 12/31/17 4:37 pm
From: Kaaren Perry <surfbird1...> [slocobirding] <slocobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [slocobirding] Old Creek Lagoon - Cayucos
Birding with Karen and Bart Beckman this morning we stopped at Old Creek Lagoon. Arriving just a little after 9:00 there were several Royal and a few Caspian Terns along with Mew, Ring-billed, California and Western Gulls of various ages. A few Least Sandpipers fed along the edges and 2 American Pipits were seen bobbing along as well.

The best birds of the morning were the 2 previously reported Swamp Sparrows.. At first they remained secluded in the grasses on the north side of the lagoon but after we waited a few minute they came out into the open, even feeding right at the lagoon edge. Great looks were had by all!

Happy New Year and wishes for the very best looks ever at SLO County birds in 2018!

Kaaren Perry
Morro Bay
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaarenp/

Join us on Facebook!