Date: 12/31/17 3:44 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Target Hit!
It was spectacular owling, maybe a once in 5+ year event for me and I
always go out. I started at 245 and had one or two species at almost every
stop the first hour and a half (before thick fog slowed
things way down). 16 owls total, 5 species (I once broke 20- a hard number
to beat, if the fog hadn’t gotten bad I may have made it). Alan and Tristen
had 3 SE Owls and Harv added a pygmy. We had a Great Horned calling when we
arrived at the countdown at Bandon Marsh Hdq and one SE Owl was visible
across the road then also.

Seven species- way cool!

Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay

On Sunday, December 31, 2017, HARVEY W SCHUBOTHE <ninerharv2...> wrote:

> Good morning all!
>

> After last night's anniversary and this morning's birthday celebration, I
> have an opportunity to report that of our preliminary count for the
> Coquille Valley CBC reached its goal of 150 species. There are still some
> feeder counts out, so we have a chance for a few more but will probably
> fall short of our record despite absolutely gorgeous weather conditions.
>

> Others have already reported some of our highlights so I may repeat them
> here. Dave Lauten and Kathy Castelein had our White Wing Crossbill flyover
> pair. Alan Contreras and Tristen Hynes picked up Short-tailed and
> Black-vented Shearwater plus Northern Fulmer in their seawatch. Gary
> Shaffer found us Rock Sandpipers and Wandering Tattler. Romain Cooper and
> Christie Dunn found a Prairie Falcon in Coquille, Lars Norgren added an
> Evening Grosbeak there. Tim Rodenkirk and Terry Wahl came up with a Say's
> Phoebe while Tim, Terry, Alan, Tristan and myself hit on all seven of our
> owl species in the area. And one of our Feeder counters saw the Osprey that
> has been hanging around the beach and Seabird in Bandon.
>

> More to come!
>

> Harv Schubothe

Join us on Facebook!