Date: 12/31/17 2:57 pm
From: Stan Walens <stan.walens...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] The bird on Montecito Way
I was present on Montecito way from 11 o’clock to 2 o’clock.. The aforementioned bird would fly into the tree on Montecito way and then fly east. It would land in a euc north of the end of Waynes Drive that is visible from the intersection of El Paso Road and Waynes Drive, only a block or 2 east of Montecito way. It perched in that tree for over an hour.

As it preened I noticed that there was significant wear on the distal end of the tail, but other people have reported seeing no wear on the tail. I would be curious to see any photos that may have been taken of the open tail and to hear others’ opinions.

Stan Walens, San Diego
Dec 31, 2017; 2:55 pm

Join us on Facebook!