Date: 12/31/17 2:11 pm
From: Jason Vassallo <Jason.Vassallo...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Seattle Queen Anne Common Redpolls
I found a group of 20+ Redpolls along the Fremont ship canal at the base of Queen Anne. I bet they have been around for a while as there are great trees for them there, but I just now discovered them. I am posting this here because the access to these Redpolls may be a little unique from the many other Redpolls in the area. These were moving around the trees in the parking lot and down the trail about 20 feet, so require almost no time or walking to see them. They also were frequently going low in the trees and providing good photographic opportunities, especially compared to a lot of other Redpolls I have seen. The parking lot to go to is marked West Ewing Mini Park.

Here is a photo of one of them today: https://www.flickr.com/photos/100720286@N08/27637686729/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

Good birding,

Jason Vassallo
<Jason.vassallo...>