Date: 12/31/17 2:09 pm
From: James Pike <jimpike444...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] couple things
On my way to Centennial Park in Santa Ana this morning, I briefly stopped
along Edinger to photograph a relatively small white goose at Mile Square
Park. It proved to be the same bird that Tom Wurster considered a possible
hybrid Snow x Ross's Goose three weeks ago. I had the same impression, as
its features were suggestive of Snow, but the dimensions seemed off. For
example, when first approaching it, my expectations were that it would
prove to be a Ross's. Later, at Centennial Park, the only surprise was an
adult male Costa's Hummingbird behind the building by the lake in the far
SW corner of the park. This was undoubtedly the same bird I had
photographed as a molting immature at this location last winter. Pics at
link below:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140329376@N06/

Jim Pike
HB