Date: 12/31/17 1:54 pm
From: Peggy Mundy <peggy_busby...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Bothell raven et al.
I took a brief walk through Shelton View Forest today before the Seahawks game.  Due to activity at the local gun range, and a few dogs in the forest, birds generally stayed out of sight, but I heard quite a few.
I saw a couple of crows pursuing a hawk over the forest canopy.  I am guessing immature Cooper's hawk by size and markings.  Many small birds busy high in the trees.  Heard a pileated woodpecker.  Heard, and then saw, a raven flying north, just above the forest.  First one I have seen this winter.  And got a modest lifer, brown creeper, that was working the bark of a large Douglas fir.
A very nice break on NYE day.  Happy New Years, tweeters!
Brown creeper photo:https://www.flickr.com/photos/fishfolx/27637866959/in/dateposted-public/

Peggy MundyBothell, <WApeggy_busby...>